Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Grand Trivia Question #3 (Answered by Joan & Jane)

Ohi
Ohio is the only State of the United States the name of which can be spelled using only three letters of the Alphabet: O, H, and I. The names of which of our States can be properly spelled using only four different letters each?
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.Answers Below Hurray for Joan (and Jane!!) Ten states have names that can be spelled with 4 or less letters each: ALBM ALSK HAWI INDA IOWA KANS MISP OHI TENS UTAH

4 Comments:

Blogger Jane said...

This was very interesting. I don't know if I have all of them but here are the ones I came up with:
Alabama
Mississippi
Utah
Iowa
Indiana
Kansas

12:26 PM  
Blogger Joan said...

I think Jane missed a couple. Of course the 4-letter states: Ohio, Iowa and Utah. Then add, as I said earlier the first two alphabetically, Alabama and Alaska. Others that I could think of are: Kansas, Mississippi, Indiana, and Tennessee.

1:51 PM  
Blogger Terrell said...

Jane got 6 of nine:
ALBM
MISP
UTAH
IOWA
INDA
KANS

Joan added 2 more:
ALSK
TENS

I gave you the three-letter one: OHI.

There's one four-letter State left. Where is it?

4:08 PM  
Blogger Joan said...

I thought of it as soon as I read your comment - Hawaii!!!

5:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home